Friday, November 16, 2012

Granny Squares

Granny Squares crocheted afghan.  Finished this up a few weeks ago and went to the park for some nice fall outdoor photo shoot with blanket in hand {in the bright sunlight of the cold day}.  A multi-colored blanket, using wool yarn 4-ply worsted weight and a hook size F.  I added the same color border to each block red, then I also crocheted them together with red.  I think it makes it look almost like quilt blocks that way.  The I did the three color border which I think just really finishes the project off nicely.  This is a nice rectangle to use as a blanket to cuddle with. 

Linking up with:  Feather your nest and pink saturday
http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/
http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/09/pink-saturday-september-8-2012.html





I know, lots of photos, but after you've hooked this many stitches...it felt justified.  I think the slide worked nice for a prop, the ground was a little wet.  Lots of hours in this, time to think and dream and a usefulness with my hands.  I thank God for giving me so many hobbies that I enjoy and that are useful too. 
Blessings, Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment