Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Crocheted blocks=granny squares

I'm currently crocheting these granny square blocks, each a two color design, reminds me of a quilt block and I'm crocheting them together with black so it also looks like sashing and reminds me of an Amish look to it.  Not sure how large I'm going to make this one at this point, I thought it would be a baby afghan, but now I'm thinking maybe a lap size.
Using Paton's wool, worsted and crochet hook size F.  Three rounds of 1st color (center) and then four rounds of 2nd color (outside).

This will be my third style of granny square afghan's and I will spend some time deciding what border to add, because I think that always gives them just the right final finish detail and make the piece complete.  Have a wonderful day, hope you are enjoying your hooking or needle making time.  Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment